DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Data Protection Policy - Bike Hash (Singapore)
The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Bike Hash Singapore (“BHS”) manages Personal Data which is subject to Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act (“the Act”). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, or signing up for any services offered by us, you agree and consent to the BHS collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst themselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to BHS in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which the BHS may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
BHS may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time. Please check back regularly for updated information on the handling of your Personal Data.
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, social media profiles, email address, and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit an application form or renewal form relating to membership in the BHS;
- when you interact with us, for example, via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings, social media and emails;
- when you use some of our services or resources, for example, websites and any online accounts with us;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; and; when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
- When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information. We do use Google Analytics and other similar services to collect statistical data anonymously which is used purely for analytical purposes.
- If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
Generally, BHS collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- responding to your queries and requests;
- managing administrative and operations and complying with internal policies and procedures; matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein;
- handling requests and enquiries
- organising events
- meeting or complying with any applicable rules, laws, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines issued by any legal or regulatory bodies which are binding on BHS; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In relation to BHS services, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
You have a choice to withdraw your consent. You may contact us using the contact details found below.
Please be aware that once we receive confirmation that you wish to withdraw your consent, it may take up to 30 working days for your withdrawal to be reflected in our records. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, we may still contact you for other purposes in relation to our services that you maintain with BHS.
BHS may from time to time, as part of the scope of services that we provide you with, transfer your personal data overseas or to a relevant third party.
BHS may take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify your personal data when it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
Disclosure of Personal Data
BHS will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, as part of our scope of services to you for the following:
- BHS’s officers, who may provide services to you, address your questions and requests in relation to your subscription and billing arrangements with us;
- agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide operational services to BHS;
- vendors or third party service providers in connection with marketing promotions and services offered by BHS;
- our professional advisers such as auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
A cookie is a small piece of information that is placed on your computer when you visit certain websites. BHS uses Google Analytics first party cookies on its website.
Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact BHS in Singapore at email@example.com
Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a referrer), you should contact that organisation or individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to BHS on your behalf.
This Data Protection Policy and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the Republic of Singapore.